Yogi Bear’s Water Zone™
In Yogi Bear’s Water Zone, you will find fun for the whole family! The Water Zone has a swimming pool, Downpour Derby, splash park, and two 70′ long water slides! The splash park will be open for two preview weekends: May 1 – 3 and May 8 – 10. The splash park will open for the season on May 15 and will be open through September 27. The water slides will be open weekends only May 15 to the weekend of June 8, open daily June 15 to September 7, and will close for the season on September 7. Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult while in the Water Zone. You must be 42″ tall and able to swim unaccompanied in order to ride the water slides.
The Jumping Pillow is great fun for all ages. The Jumping Pillow is open every day from March 27 – November 1, weather permitting. Jumping Pillow safety requirements are as follows: no shoes, no flipping or summersaults, no horseplay, no holding children, no jumping when wet, no food or drink, and no hard or sharp objects. Please be safe and courteous to your fellow campers while using the Jumping Pillow.
Yogi Bear’s Wetlands
Jellystone Park at Gloucester Point is located on the beautiful Severn River, a tributary to the Mobjack and Chesapeake Bay. Down at the water you will find:
The Point Store & Inflatable Fun Zone
- The Point Store: Get all your fishing supplies, Dippin’ Dots, drinks and sundries from our store at the River. This is also where you can purchase Yogi Bear™ t-shirts for tie dye! Two unisex restrooms are located at the Point Store.
- The Inflatable Fun Zone: Bouncy fun for the whole family!
- Tropical Bounce House: This 7-in-1 inflatable combo has seven great activities in one giant inflatable! Inside you will find a bouncing area, climbing walls, slides, a mini free fall and more!
- Wave Slide: This giant inflatable slide can be a dry slide in the cooler weather, and a water slide in the summer heat!
- Obstacle Course: Test your skills against your friends or family on this 40-foot-long obstacle course. Jump, climb, duck and slide your way to the finish line!
- Big Squirt: Pump up your summer with a Big Squirt water toy! You can purchase your Big Squirt at the Ranger Station™ or Point Store. The fill station is located in the Inflatable Fun Zones.
The Beach on the Severn River
- Sunbathe, play in the sand, and swim in the River!
- Jellystone Park at Gloucester Point is situated at the end of the beautiful Severn River, a tributary to the Mobjack and Chesapeake Bay. Our coastal ecosystem is commonly referred to as a salt marsh or tidal marsh. This means that our shoreline consists of tidal flats or mudflats. Please be aware that while our sandy beach was built on solid ground, you’ll encounter mudflats as you move into the water. In the interest of keeping our shoreline and river as natural as possible, we cannot fill in the river bottom with sand. The mudflats are vastly important to the local ecosystem, and provide a thriving habitat for a variety of flora and fauna, including crabs, fish, oysters and salt grasses. We recommend wearing aqua shoes if you walk into the River.
The Rental Shack
- The Rental Shack will be open weekends in the Spring and daily in the Summer. Watercraft and pedal carts can be signed out during Rental Shack hours.
- Paddle Boats, Kayaks, Corcls, and Stand Up Paddleboards — Explore the river on one of our watercraft. The paddle boats seat up to 4 people. We have single and tandem stand up paddleboards. Free 30-minute sessions are included with your amenity wristbands. Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult while on the water. Teenagers must have an adult signature to use the watercraft.
- Safety is very important to us at Jellystone Park at Gloucester Point. Watercraft availability is subject to weather and water conditions.
Crabbing & Fishing Piers — our pier is licensed so you do not need to have your own saltwater fishing license when you fish or crab from our pier.
Boat Ramp — take your boat out into the Severn River, Mobjack Bay, and Chesapeake Bay from our boat launch. Temporary mooring at our docks is permitted for loading and unloading. You are welcome to park your trailered boat in our boat parking area. Find out more about rates and regulations for bringing your own boat.
On our playground you will find:
- NEW Vertex (Metal Spider Web)
- Sand Volleyball Court
- Horseshoe Pits
- The Sand Box
- Swings and Jungle Gym
We love our pets so much at Jellystone Park at Gloucester Point that we made a park just for our furry friends! The Bark Park is a large fenced in area with an agility course where you can let your dog run off of the leash with your supervision. The agility course consists of a dog bone jump, tire jump, a wait table, A-frame ramp, and walk & weave posts. Please remember to pick up after your pet!
The Pic-A-Nic Basket™
Hungry after an afternoon of jumping or swimming? Then grab a snack at the Pic-a-nic Basket. Our concession stand has so much to offer, from hand-dipped ice cream sundaes to large pizzas to cheeseburgers, that you’re sure to find something to fill you up!
The Recreation Center is a heated and air conditioned building that is the center of our recreation program. Many our activities take place in or around the Recreation Center. Inside the Rec Center you’ll find a tv showing family friendly movies, a book exchange, and the Craft Room. Here you can make your own crafts: paint a ceramic, build a Modarri car, fill a sand art bottle, or color your own t-shirt. These crafts are not included in your amenity wristband. We also offer complementary crafts on weekends during the spring and fall, and every day in the summer.
We have so many fun activities planned for the 2020 season! We have daily activities from May 21 to September 7 and weekend activities in the spring (March 27 to May 17) and Fall (September 11 to November 1). And new for 2020, spend your Spring Break at Jellystone Park! We will have daily activities from April 3 to 19 for Spring Breal! Check out our activity schedule to see all our themed weekends.
Gem Mining Sluice
Pan for rocks, gemstones, fossils, and shells in the gem mining sluice. Bags of mining rough are available for purchase in the Ranger Station and Recreation Center. Open March 27 – Nov. 1.
The Gaga Ball pit is available dawn to dusk for anyone who wants to play. Bring your own ball or sign out one of ours in the Rec Center during Arts & Crafts hours.
One hour Laser Tag session are available during scheduled times for everyone ages 8 & up. Come play for only $5.00 per person. For your safety, please remember to wear close-toed shoes while playing. All players can sign up in the Ranger Station.