At Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park™ at Gloucester Point
You Will Find:
Yogi Bear’s Water Zone
In Yogi Bear’s Water Zone, you will find fun for the whole family! The Water Zone has a swimming pool, kiddie pool, splash park, and two 70′ long water slides! New for 2018 the splash park will be open for two preview weekends: May 4-6 and May 11-13. The swimming pool, kiddie pool, and splash park open for the season on May 18 and will be open through September 22. The water slides will be open weekend only May 18 to June 15 and will close for the season on September 3. Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult in the Water Zone. You must be 42″ tall and able to swim unaccompanied in order to ride the water slides.
What’s more fun than jumping? The Jumping Pillow is great fun for all ages. The Jumping Pillow is open every day from March 30 – November 4, 9:00am to dusk, weather permitting.
Yogi Bear’s Wetlands
Jellystone Park at Gloucester Point is located on the beautiful Severn River. This river is a tributary to the Mobjack and Chesapeake Bays. Down at the water you will find:
- Crabbing and Fishing Piers – our pier is licensed, so you do not need to have your own saltwater fishing license when you fish from our pier.
- Boat Ramp – take your boat out into the Chesapeake Bay from our boat launch. It’s just $18 / 7 nights to bring your boat with you. Temporary mooring at our docks is permitted for loading and unloading. You are welcome to park your trailered boat in our boat parking area.
- Aqua Bikes, Paddle Boats, and Kayaks – explore the river in our aqua bikes, paddle boats or kayaks. The paddle boats seat 4 people, aqua bikes seat 2 people, and there are single and tandem kayaks available. Free 30 minute sessions on the paddle boats, kayaks, and aqua trikes are included with your amenity wristband.
- The Point Store – Get all of your fishing supplies, snacks, ice cream, and drinks from our store at the river. Near the Point Store, you’ll find the Boo Boo™ Big Top, where we do some activities including tie dye.
- The Boo Boo™ Big Top – A big blue, green, and yellow striped tent open for anyone who needs to take a break from the sun. This is also where we do some of our activities, including tie dye.
- The Blue Crush Inflatable Slide – This is a 28′ foot tall inflatable slide. It is a regular slide in the spring and fall and a water slide in the summer!
- Balloon Battles – Launch water balloons at your opponent and see who comes out on top.
- Foam Arena – Play in a stream of foam! Check your activity schedule to find a scheduled time for this activity.
- The Beach on the Severn River – Sunbathe, play in the sand, and swim in the river!
Kids’ Pony Rides
Pony rides with Fred and Moe are for children 120lbs and under. We have pony rides on the weekends and several times per week during the summer.
On our playground you will find:
- Sand Volleyball Court
- Basketball Court
- Horseshoe Pits
- The Sand Box
- Swings and Jungle Gym
We love our pets so much at Jellystone Park at Gloucester Point that we made a park just for our furry friends! The Bark Park is a large fenced in area where you can let your dog run off of the leash. Please remember to pick up after your pet!
The Pic-A-Nic Basket
Hungry after an afternoon of jumping or swimming? Then grab a snack at the Pic-a-nic Basket. Our concession stand has so much to offer, from hand-dipped ice cream sundaes to large pizzas to cheeseburgers, that you’re sure to find something to fill you up!
Inside the Recreation Center, you’ll find our life size chessboard as well as our craft room. Here you can make your own crafts such as painting a ceramic, filling up a bottle for sand art, or color your own ColorTime™ t-shirt, bag, or pillow case.
We also offer complimentary crafts on the weekends during the spring and fall, and every day during the summer. Many of our activities take place in or around the Recreation Center. Be sure to check your activity schedule given at check-in to see where and when these fun events will take place!
We have so many fun activities planned for the 2017 season, we can’t possibly list them all here. We so have some brand new activities this year like Music Festival, Boo Boo Barn Yard Birthday Bash, Wizarding World of Jellystone Park, and Yogi Bear™ Food Frenzy Birthday. Check out our activity schedule to see a detailed list of what’s going on this year at Jellystone Park at Gloucester Point.
Barnyard Petting Zoo
Come meet our growing family of rescued and rehomed barnyard animals! There’s Baahthoven & Goatzart (goats), Cracker Jack “CJ”, Cookie & Cupcake (donkeys), Chandler & Joey (alpacas), Leo & Fiona (pigs), Rory, Angel & Pistol (mini horses), and Rabbit DeNiro & Dennis Hopper (Flemish giant rabbits). We bring out the animals each weekend as well as several times per week during the summer.
Gem Mining Sluice
Pan for rocks, gemstones, fossils, and shells in the gem mining sluice. Bags of mining rough are available for purchase in the Ranger Station and Recreation Center.