At Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park™ at Gloucester Point
You Will Find:
Yogi Bear’s Water Zone™
In Yogi Bear’s Water Zone, you will find fun for the whole family! The Water Zone has a swimming pool, Downpour Derby, splash park, and two 70′ long water slides! The splash park will be open for two preview weekends: May 3-5 and May 10-12. The swimming pool, kiddie pool, and splash park open for the season on May 17 and will be open through September 21. The water slides will be open weekends only May 17 to the weekend of June 10, open daily June 17 to September 1, and will close for the season on September 2. Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult while in the Water Zone. You must be 42″ tall and able to swim unaccompanied in order to ride the water slides.
The Jumping Pillow is great fun for all ages. The Jumping Pillow is open every day from March 29 – November 2, 9:00am to dusk, weather permitting. Jumping Pillow safety requirements are as follows: no shoes, no flipping or summersaults, no horseplay, no holding children, no jumping when wet, no food or drink, and no hard or sharp objects. Please be safe and courteous to your fellow campers while using the Jumping Pillow.
Yogi Bear’s Wetlands™
Jellystone Park at Gloucester Point is located on the beautiful Severn River. This river is a tributary to the Mobjack and Chesapeake Bay. Down at the water you will find:
- Crabbing and Fishing Piers – our pier is licensed, so you do not need to have your own saltwater fishing license when you fish from our pier.
- Boat Ramp – take your boat out into the Chesapeake Bay from our boat launch. It’s just $20 / 7 nights to bring your boat with you. Temporary mooring at our docks is permitted for loading and unloading. You are welcome to park your trailered boat in our boat parking area.
- Paddle Boats, Kayaks and Corcls – Explore the river on one of our water craft. The paddle boats seat 4 people, there are single and tandem kayaks, and NEW FOR 2019 we also have Corcls. Free 30-minute sessions are included with your amenity wristband. Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult while on a water craft.
- The Point Store – Get all of your fishing supplies, snacks, ice cream, and drinks from our store at the river. Near the Point Store, you’ll find the Boo Boo™ Big Top, where we do some activities including tie dye.
- The Boo Boo™ Big Top – A big blue, green, and yellow striped tent open for anyone who needs to take a break from the sun. This is also where we do some of our activities, including tie dye.
- Balloon Battles – Launch water balloons at your opponent and see who comes out on top.
- NEW FOR 2019: Log Jammer Inflatable Slide
- This is a 31′ inflatable slide that is a regular slide in the spring & fall and a water slide in the summer! It also has a netted jumping area beneath the giant slide that can accommodate kids of all ages.
- NEW FOR 2019: Tropical Deluxe Combo Inflatable
- This 7-in-1 inflatable combo combines seven great activities into one giant inflatable! Inside you will find a bouncing area, climbing walls, slides, a mini free fall and more!
- Foam Arena
- Join us for bubbly fun in our foam arena! Check your activity schedule to find scheduled times for this activity!
- The Beach on the Severn River
- Sunbathe, play in the sand, and swim in the river! Jellystone Park at Gloucester Point is situated at the end of the beautiful Severn River, a tributary to the Mobjack and Chesapeake Bay. Our coastal ecosystem is commonly referred to as a salt marsh or tidal marsh. This means that our shoreline consists of tidal flats or mudflats. Please be aware that while our sandy beach was built on solid ground, you’ll encounter mudflats as you move into the water. In the interest of keeping our shoreline and river as natural as possible, we cannot fill in the river bottom with sand. The mudflats are vastly important to the local ecosystem, and provide a thriving habitat for a variety of flora and fauna, including crabs, fish, oysters and salt grasses.
- Pedal Carts
- Take a ride around the Campground on a pedal cart. Free 30-minute sessions are included with your amenity wristbands. We have two duo choppers and two four wheelers.
- Big Squirt
- Pump up your summer with a Big Squirt water toy! You can purchase your Big Squirt at the Ranger Station or Point Store. The fill station is located in Yogi Bear’s Wetlands.
On our playground you will find:
- Sand Volleyball Court
- NEW FOR 2019: Full Size Basketball Court located next to the Rec Center
- Horseshoe Pits
- The Sand Box
- Swings and Jungle Gym
We love our pets so much at Jellystone Park at Gloucester Point that we made a park just for our furry friends! The Bark Park is a large fenced in area with an agility course where you can let your dog run off of the leash with your supervision. The agility course consists of a dog bone jump, tire jump, a wait table, A-frame ramp, and walk & weave posts. Please remember to pick up after your pet!
The Pic-A-Nic Basket™
Hungry after an afternoon of jumping or swimming? Then grab a snack at the Pic-a-nic Basket. Our concession stand has so much to offer, from hand-dipped ice cream sundaes to large pizzas to cheeseburgers, that you’re sure to find something to fill you up!
The Recreation Center is a heated and air conditioned building that is the center of our recreation program. Many our activities take place in or around the Recreation Center. Inside the Rec Center you’ll find a tv showing family friendly movies, a book exchange, and the Craft Room. Here you can make your own crafts: paint a ceramic, build a Modarri car, fill a sand art bottle, or color your own t-shirt. These crafts are not included in your amenity wristband. We also offer complementary crafts on weekends during the spring and fall, and every day in the summer.
We have so many fun activities planned for the 2019 season! We have daily activities from May 23 to September 2 and weekend activities in the spring (March 29 to May 19) and Fall (September 6 to November 2). NEW THEMES FOR 2019 include Wacky Science, Ninja Warrior, and Music Mania! Check out our activity schedule to see all our themed weekends.
Gem Mining Sluice
Pan for rocks, gemstones, fossils, and shells in the gem mining sluice. Bags of mining rough are available for purchase in the Ranger Station and Recreation Center.
The Gaga Ball pit is available dawn to dusk for anyone who wants to play. Bring your own ball or sign out one of ours in the Rec Center during Arts & Crafts hours.
Coming Spring 2019!