At Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park™ at Gloucester Point
You Will Find:
Yogi Bear’s Water Zone
In Yogi Bear’s Water Zone, you will find fun for the whole family! The Water Zone has a swimming pool, kiddie pool, splash park, and two 70′ long water slides! New for 2018 the splash park will be open for two preview weekends: May 4-6 and May 11-13. The swimming pool, kiddie pool, and splash park open for the season on May 18 and will be open through September 22. The water slides will be open weekend only May 18 to June 15 and will close for the season on September 3. Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult in the Water Zone. You must be 42″ tall and able to swim unaccompanied in order to ride the water slides.
What’s more fun than jumping? The Jumping Pillow is great fun for all ages. The Jumping Pillow is open every day from March 30 – November 4, 9:00am to dusk, weather permitting.
Yogi Bear’s Wetlands
Jellystone Park at Gloucester Point is located on the beautiful Severn River. This river is a tributary to the Mobjack and Chesapeake Bays. Down at the water you will find:
- Crabbing and Fishing Piers – our pier is licensed, so you do not need to have your own saltwater fishing license when you fish from our pier.
- Boat Ramp – take your boat out into the Chesapeake Bay from our boat launch. It’s just $18 / 7 nights to bring your boat with you. Temporary mooring at our docks is permitted for loading and unloading. You are welcome to park your trailered boat in our boat parking area.
- Paddle Boats and Kayaks – explore the river in our paddle boats or kayaks. The paddle boats seat 4 people, aqua bikes seat 2 people, and there are single and tandem kayaks available. Free 30 minute sessions on the paddle boats and kayaks are included with your amenity wristband.
- The Point Store – Get all of your fishing supplies, snacks, ice cream, and drinks from our store at the river. Near the Point Store, you’ll find the Boo Boo™ Big Top, where we do some activities including tie dye.
- The Boo Boo™ Big Top – A big blue, green, and yellow striped tent open for anyone who needs to take a break from the sun. This is also where we do some of our activities, including tie dye.
- The Blue Crush Inflatable Slide – This is a 28′ foot tall inflatable slide. It is a regular slide in the spring and fall and a water slide in the summer!
- Balloon Battles – Launch water balloons at your opponent and see who comes out on top.
- Foam Arena – Play in a stream of foam! Check your activity schedule to find a scheduled time for this activity.
- The Beach on the Severn River – Sunbathe, play in the sand, and swim in the river! Jellystone Park at Gloucester Point is situated at the end of the beautiful Severn River, a tributary to the Mobjack and Chesapeake Bays. Our coastal ecosystem is common referred to as a salt marsh or tidal marsh. This means that our shoreline consists of tidal flats or mudflats. Please be aware that while our sandy beach was built on solid ground, you’ll encounter mudflats as you move into the water. In the interest of keeping our shoreline and river as natural as possible, we cannot fill in the river bottom with sand. The mudflats are vastly important to the local ecosystem, and provide a thriving habitat for a variety of flora and fauna, including crabs, fish, oysters and salt grasses.
Kids’ Pony Rides
Pony rides with Fred and Moe are for children 120lbs and under. We have pony rides on the weekends and several times per week during the summer.
Barnyard Petting Zoo
Come meet our growing family of rescued and rehomed barnyard animals! There’s Baahthoven & Goatzart (goats), Cracker Jack “CJ”, Cookie & Cupcake (donkeys), Chandler & Joey (alpacas), Leo & Fiona (pigs), Rory, Angel & Pistol (mini horses), and Rabbit DeNiro & Dennis Hopper (Flemish giant rabbits). We bring out the animals each weekend as well as several times per week during the summer.
On our playground you will find:
- Sand Volleyball Court
- Basketball Court
- Horseshoe Pits
- The Sand Box
- Swings and Jungle Gym
We love our pets so much at Jellystone Park at Gloucester Point that we made a park just for our furry friends! The Bark Park is a large fenced in area where you can let your dog run off of the leash. Please remember to pick up after your pet!
The Pic-A-Nic Basket
Hungry after an afternoon of jumping or swimming? Then grab a snack at the Pic-a-nic Basket. Our concession stand has so much to offer, from hand-dipped ice cream sundaes to large pizzas to cheeseburgers, that you’re sure to find something to fill you up!
The Recreation Center is a heated and air conditioned building that is the center of our recreation program. Many our activities take place in or around the Recreation Center. Inside the Rec Center you’ll find a tv showing family friendly movies, a book exchange, and the Craft Room. Here you can make your own crafts: paint a ceramic, build a Modarri car, fill a sand art bottle, or color your own t-shirt. These crafts are not included in your amenity wristband. We also offer complementary crafts on weekends during the spring and fall, and every day in the summer.
We have so many fun activities planned for the 2018 season! We have daily activities from May 25 to September 2 and weekend activities in the spring (March 30 to May 20) and Fall (September 7 to November 4). All of our weekends, from March 30 to November, are themed. Check out our activity schedule to see all our themed weekends.
Gem Mining Sluice
Pan for rocks, gemstones, fossils, and shells in the gem mining sluice. Bags of mining rough are available for purchase in the Ranger Station and Recreation Center.